Here are several links to various DOS software and other DOS related websites. Most are freeware but a few are shareware and commercial programs. I welcome any comments and/or suggestions you may have about this webpage or other DOS programs for me to know about. Also, do email a thank you to the authors of any of the programs you use.
If you like to see Interesting Windows and Mac programs similiar to this page, visit my computer user group, the Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society
View all of the DOS programs on one webpage : Interesting DOS programs - Full index (note : size of page is about 50K)
Comments? My E-mail address : Dev Anand Teelucksingh, devtee at gmail.com
After nearly 20 years, Interesting DOS programs is moving from http://www.opus.co.tt/dave/ to http://dosprograms.info.tt! Please update your bookmarks!
Last updated: March 6 2011
- HX DOS Extender 2.17RC free DOS extender which contains a Win32 API emulation which allows Win32 console apps to be run in DOS
- MoonRock v0.50 BASIC-like language with several extensions. Produces code for 8086+
- Borland Community Museum Download Turbo C v2.01, Turbo Pascal v5.5, Turbo C++ v1.01 for free (requires login)
- Regina v3.7 a REXX interpreter that has been ported to DOS and other OSes
- Perl v5 (see Perl ports for DOS versions) Interpreted language for scanning and extracting info from text files.
- PythonD 2.4.2 r1.0 DOS port of Python v2.2.1. Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming language.
- Ozone Graphical environment, support Truetype fonts, and includes several programs
- Seal 2.00.11 Free graphical desktop environment for DOS and for DJGPP programs.
- OpenGEM v6 GUI (once commercial, now open source) geared for low resource PCs, distro includes several apps.
- Watt-32 v2.2 dev-rel 11 library for making networked TCP/IP C/C++ 16 and 32 bit programs.
- eRTOSdevelop embedded Intel 8086 (and compatible) Internet-accessible applications. Now freeware
- ISRemote for DOS v2.53 remotely control DOS apps with a IR remote and a DIY circuit
- DOSGir v0.12 control DOS apps by infrared remote control and a DIY circuit
- Full Moon Software Many QuickBasic/PDS routines ; also has the text to PC Mag's 'BASIC Techniques and Utilities'
- NeoBasic provides GUI components to extend the DOS authoring NeoBook software
- Guenther Klaming's Homepage Low-level hardware programming in Watcom C/C++, Pascal and Assembly.