Here are several links to various DOS software and other DOS related websites. Most are freeware but a few are shareware and commercial programs. I welcome any comments and/or suggestions you may have about this webpage or other DOS programs for me to know about. Also, do email a thank you to the authors of any of the programs you use.
If you like to see Interesting Windows and Mac programs similiar to this page, visit my computer user group, the Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society
View all of the DOS programs on one webpage : Interesting DOS programs - Full index (note : size of page is about 50K)
Comments? My E-mail address : Dev Anand Teelucksingh, devtee at gmail.com
After nearly 20 years, Interesting DOS programs is moving from http://www.opus.co.tt/dave/ to http://dosprograms.info.tt! Please update your bookmarks!
Last updated: March 6 2011
- CHASE 1.0 DOS-based POP3/SMTP e-mail client
- JOSHFTP DOS-based FTP client
- picoSNTP 0.91: an SNTP (Simple Network Time Protocol) client for DOS to synchronize the computer clock with NTP servers
- leetIRC v1.1 DOS Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client with support for mIRC colour and bold codes, DCC file transfer support and more
- Toffee IRC client v1.0 DOS IRC client ; works with any packet driver
- RockIRCd v1.0 testing Internet Relay Chat (IRC) server for DOS
- mTCP 2020-03-07 a TCP/IP stack with several applications (DHCP client, FTP client, ping, HTGet, FTP Server, HTTP server, Telnet and more)
- picoTCP picoTCP is an open source IPv4/IPv6 TCP/IP stack ported to DOS by Mateusz Viste
- LSppp V1.0 Excellent small PPP packet driver (28K resident!) for DOS. Has built-in dialer. Released under GPL.
- PEPA v1.9 Packet Driver for PPP access over ADSL.
- Comring v1.20 Packet driver for serial ports; can be used to connect multiple computers via serial cable
- EZ-NOS 2 a http web server with Server Side Includes support, secure FTP Server with md5 authenication, DNS server and a TCP/IP access filter (firewall) and more!
- WebServ 0.9beta DOS based HTTP server in QuickBasic
- Sioux DOS web server with DYNDNS client
- Jaffa WWW server for DOS Tested on a 80286, supports CGI-BIN utilities external to the server
- Tiny TINY is a set of programs that lets you control a DOS computer from any Java-capable machine over a TCP/IP connection.
- Internet Extender v1.0b (Mirror Link is from Fred's DOS Internet Software page) Freeware DOS Gateway router which allows networked computers to access the Internet (via a modem or network card)
- Mutt 1.5.5 text-based e-mail client with modified patches for NNTP, POP and SMTP ('builtin' sendmail) and calls to external apps (i.e. 'print', 'pipe message' and 'pipe attachment')
- FLMail 0.91 Graphical email client. Supports OpenSSL.
- Wget 1.8.2 Download files and entire sites for offline browsing using HTTP or FTP; can RESUME ABORTED downloads!
- SSHDOS v0.95 opensource SSH (Secure Shell) DOS client for secure telnet connections.
- ViewHTML v2.5 Freeware text based offline HTML viewer/browser.
- GPAGE v1.9 Uses a text file to generate a local page of links
- Tidy386 HTML validator and can also clean up your HTML
- Orb v2.0 HTML preprocessor designed to simplify creation and maintenance of web pages
- PPWIZARD 17.308 Free, multi-platform HTML Preprocessor. Requires free Regina REXX interpreter. I use this to generate this site
- UUDeview v0.5d Encoder and decoder for uuencoded, xxencoded, Base64 and BinHex data
- HTMSTRIP v2002.08 From Bruce Guthrie, converts HTM to text. Many other utilites there as well.
- EUMAIL v2002.08 Extract Eudora's mailboxes and nickname files into text files
- HTMCAL v2.0 Generate HTML calendars showing upcoming events or meetings. Shareware
Arachne related Websites (various sites where you can download various addons to Arachne, a DOS internet suite)